CPD pathway FAQs

NZVA cccredited CPDI have completed a couple of courses and now I want to enrol in a Grad Cert, will these courses still count?

Yes. The courses (both the NZVA and Massey courses) have been accredited with Massey University to be worth five (5) credits. Once you enrol in the Grad Cert and have proved that you have completed some courses, these will be credited towards your degree as Recognition of Prior Learning. (NB. There is a $160 fee to transfer these credits to a course).

How long do I have to complete the Grad Cert Sci Tech?

There is a maximum time of 8 years. Refer to the Massey University "Planning your study" webpages.

Students who are inactive for a period of three consecutive years will be deemed to have abandoned their qualification which releases the University from its obligation to ensure a qualification can be completed. Students may be permitted to re-enrol in a subsequent qualification should they meet the entry requirements; credits previously achieved will be assessed and applied in accordance with current regulations.

I have completed the Grad Cert Sci Tech and now I want to do a Masters can I transfer these credits (60) over to the Masters?

Not all of the credits will transfer from the Grad Cert to a Masters. Only postgraduate level courses will be able to be transferred (700 level) and a maximum of 30 credits worth of five (5) credit courses can be transferred. It may be possible during the course of your study within the GCertSciTech to transfer to a Masters (MVM or MAg). These discussions will need to occur early on in the course of your study (at least before completion of 20-30 credits) to ensure that your credits can be transferred to a Masters.