Benchmarking surveys for New Zealand practices
The Veterinary Business Branch (VBB) of the NZVA has partnered with BBVet to run a series of surveys tailored to the New Zealand veterinary profession. We know members need access to high quality benchmarking data and this project contributes directly to supporting your businesses. Having quality, reliable data will quite simply drive better business decisions.
This is a great opportunity to participate in and receive benchmarking information from a series of professional, independently run surveys tailored to the New Zealand veterinary profession at a reasonable cost.
You must participate in the surveys to access the information.
- Snapshot KPI Survey (opens in October 2023)
- Fees Survey (opens on 30 October 2023)
- Wage and Salary Survey (not currently open)
- Profit and Expenses Survey (not currently open)
The following prices are for single practice members. If you have a branch of your single practice, you qualify for this rate. A premium price applies to non-member businesses.
- Monthly subscription (per survey): $69 per month
- Annual subscription (per survey): $768 (saving $64)
There is no GST as the payment is made directly to BBVet in Australia.
Multiple practice discounts
|Number of clinics in business||Discount||Discount code|
|2 - 4||50%||2to4Clinics|
|5 - 6||54%||5to6Clinics|
|7 - 8||56%||7to8Clinics|
|Ten or more||60%||10PlusClinics|
What do you get?
- The option to participate in any survey that the NZVA and BBVet offer
- Access to interactive graphics and scenario planning
- Access to a hard copy PDF report
Access the benchmarking surveys
To access the benchmarking surveys:
- Sign up to the BBVet portal.
- Choose which surveys you want to participate in.
- Click the "Set up plan" button to select your payment plan.
The VBB has worked with BBVet to ensure that the survey structure and questions are suitable for the New Zealand market.
These are user pays surveys. The VBB has negotiated a reduced rate from BBVet.
The ability to “cut and dice” data (for example by species or region) exists and will be dependent on the number of participants. The more participants there are, the more valid and useful the information will be.
Commerce Commission (CC) considerations
We have been in touch with the Commerce Commission and received general advice that it is acceptable to run this survey, providing the information is not promoted or used as a way to organise price fixing or collusion. The NZVA may use the information gathered to foster conversations in the advocacy space.
The only people who will be able to see your individual data will be BBVet, who need to do so for administration purposes. The NZVA will be able to access macro information only (no site-specific information) which will be important for advocacy work. No-one will be able to view any scenario planning you do at a site level.