Celebrating 100 years
Home » Join the NZVA » Associate membership
- About us
- Join the NZVA
- For veterinary professionals
- For the public
- Jobs & classifieds
- NZVA positions and resources
- Contact us
- 2023 Conference
- Flood resources
Associate membership for non-veterinarians
Our associate membership package is for people who work in the veterinary industry but are not qualified veterinarians.
This includes practice managers, large animal veterinary technicians, CEOs, general managers, HR professionals, and non-veterinarian industry partners.
Veterinary publications and journals
Stay up to date with the latest news and research about the veterinary profession with our range of publications. With an NZVA membership, you get access to the following online publications:
- VetScript: our bi-monthly magazine celebrating the veterinary profession
- New Zealand Veterinary Journal: peer-reviewed articles covering all aspects of veterinary science
- SciQuest: a library of New Zealand and Australian veterinary publications
- VetNews: our weekly e-newsletter with news and opportunities from the NZVA
Great deals on CPD
As an associate member of the NZVA, you’ll enjoy discounts on courses and events to support your continuing professional development (CPD).
- 50% off our biggest event of the year, the NZVA Conference
- Save 50% on professional and management courses, workshops and webinars
- Free recordings of past webinars
Network with other veterinary professionals
Build your social and professional network. Join one of our Regional Networks to connect with veterinary professionals in your area, or expand your knowledge in a particular area through our Special Interest Branches.
Wellbeing and business resources
Associate members get access to a range of professional resources, including wellbeing resources to help you and your team stay healthy and well, and business and management resources to help your veterinary practice grow in healthy, sustainable ways.
Exclusive member discounts
Enjoy exclusive discounts to help you save money in your career and personal life.
- People3: Get quality, practical HR advice with a free 15-minute consultation
- MobilCard: Save 11 cents per litre of fuel at Mobil service stations
- Storbie: Save $200 when setting up a website with Storbie
Working together as members of the NZVA facilitates collaboration of our veterinary community and some wonderful opportunities to make a positive difference to animals, people, our community and our environment.
– Liza Schneider
Frequently asked questions
You can join the NZVA if you are:
- a veterinarian registered with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (VCNZ)
- a retired veterinarian
- a student attending Massey University’s School of Veterinary Science
- working in a role related to the veterinary industry (associate membership)
To become a member of the NZVA:
- Log in to your NZVA account (or create a new one if you’ve never been a member)
- Go to our registration page and select the relevant membership tier
- Complete the online form
- Sit back and wait for our membership team to contact you (usually within 48 hours)
NZVA membership is valid from 1 January to 31 December each year.
Your membership will auto-renew on 1 January, provided we’ve received payment. We usually start sending membership renewal invoices for the upcoming year in November. If your employer pays for your membership, we’ll contact them with membership renewal instructions.
All membership invoices for the upcoming year are due on 30 January.
If you have outstanding membership fees due after this date, we reserve the right to cancel your membership and all membership benefits.
If you have any questions about membership or want to update your membership category, please email us at email@example.com.
When you join the NZVA (or renew your membership), we’ll ask you to nominate your main work interest and select any Special Interest Branches (SIBs) or Regional Networks (RNs) you want to join. If you want to join a SIB or RN part way through the year, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, but no refunds will be provided if you cancel your membership part way through the year. To cancel your membership, please email email@example.com.