Sustaining your future
- About us
- Join the NZVA
- For veterinary professionals
- For the public
- Jobs & classifieds
- NZVA positions and resources
- Contact us
- Flood resources
- Workplace Workup
NZVA membership for recent graduates
The first few years of your veterinary career are exciting, but they can be challenging if you don’t know what to expect.
The New Zealand Veterinary Association Te Pae Kīrehe (NZVA) offers a range of benefits for recent graduates to help you get the most out of your veterinary career.
Sustaining your future through...
Get guidance and support from a trusted mentor as you start your veterinary career. The NZVET Mentoring Support programme matches new graduates with experienced professionals who are happy to share their knowledge, skills and experience to help you further your career.
Recent Graduate Advisory Group
Have your say on matters affecting recent graduates through our dedicated Recent Graduate Advisory Group. Work with the NZVA President to identify issues and opportunities relating to graduates, and make your voice heard on the NZVA Board through our New Graduate Observer.
Great deals on CPD
Education doesn’t stop when you graduate. As a member of the NZVA, you’ll enjoy discounts on courses and events to support your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Plan, track and share your CPD activity through our online MyCPD platform
- Save up to 50% on tickets to our annual NZVA Conference
- Significant discounts on courses, workshops and webinars throughout the year
- Free enrolment in our mentoring course
- 12 months access to four Vetlexicon online encyclopaedias for just £53.28 (regular pricing starts at £40 a month for one subscription)
- 30% off CRC Press or Routledge books through Taylor & Francis
- Free recordings of past webinars
Resources and guides
Access a range of free resources, including best practice guidelines, templates, posters and member technical notes.
- Evidence-based policies and position statements you can use to inform conversations with clients
- Member Technical Notes, which provide additional background information on certain issues
- Best Practice Guidelines, which include detailed advice on specific procedures such as vaccinating companion animals, desexing, euthanasia and disbudding
- Templates and forms you can use at your practice
- Posters and social media templates to help you educate clients on animal welfare and veterinary care
Advance your veterinary career with resources, support and opportunities to help you thrive.
- Find your next veterinary job using our jobs and classifieds board
- Apply for grants and scholarships from our special interest branches
- Develop wellbeing strategies as you transition from being a student to a qualified veterinarian with access to the NZVA Wellbeing Hub
Plus all our other member benefits!
We’re here to support you throughout your career. When you join the NZVA as a recent graduate, you’ll get access to all our exclusive member benefits.