Sustaining your future
- About us
- Join the NZVA
- For veterinary professionals
- For the public
- Jobs & classifieds
- NZVA positions and resources
- Contact us
- Flood resources
- Workplace Workup
NZVA membership for non-veterinarians
The New Zealand Veterinary Association Te Pae Kīrehe (NZVA) is here for all veterinary professionals – not just veterinarians.
Our associate membership package is for people who work in the veterinary industry but are not qualified veterinarians. This includes practice managers, veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians, CEOs, general managers, HR professionals and non-veterinarian industry partners.
Sustaining your future through...
Veterinary Business Branch
Join the Veterinary Business Branch to get access to resources, updates and opportunities that benefit everyone in the veterinary profession.
Edu-Badges and veterinary authorisations
Demonstrate your competency in a specific skill by completing an Edu-Badge or veterinary authorisation. Designed specifically for allied veterinary professionals (AVPs), these micro-learning assessments show employers that you can complete certain tasks with minimal supervision.
Support your whole team with valuable resources on mental health and wellbeing.
- Free enrolment in our six-week wellbeing and resilience course (worth $100)
- Webinars, articles and e-books on burnout, compassion fatigue, stress, trauma and emergency response
- Workplace culture resources for employers and employees
- Complementary access to Āki, the MAS health and wellbeing portal
Attract new employees and retain existing ones with business, management and leadership resources.
- News media and social media guides
- $200 off your first Storbie website
- Free demo from Ordio, including a voiceover artist and professional scripting
- Health and safety templates
- Free 15-minute consultation with People3 to discuss any HR concerns
- Listing in our Find-A-Vet practice directory
- Climate action webinars and guides to help your business reduce carbon emissions
- Discounts on leadership and management courses
Great deals on CPD
As an associate member of the NZVA, you’ll enjoy discounts on courses and events to support your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Save up to 50% on tickets to our annual NZVA Conference
- Free enrolment in our professional skills for veterinary teams course (worth $400)
- $130 off our Leadership Intelligence Development and Support Programme
- Discounts on ProSkills online short courses, including their packages on client care and supporting clients through grief and euthanasia
- Save AU$490 on Provet’s Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Free enrolment in our mentoring course
- Get 12 months access to four Vetlexicon online encyclopaedias for just £53.28 (regular pricing starts at £40 a month for one subscription)
- 30% off CRC Press or Routledge books through Taylor & Francis
- Free recordings of past webinars
Exclusive member discounts
We’ve partnered with a range of organisations to bring you exclusive deals for you and your workplace.
- MobilCard: Savings on fuel at Mobil service stations
- People3: Quality, practical HR advice (free consultation)
- Storbie: $200 off your first bespoke website
- Vetlexicon: 12-month subscription to four online encyclopaedias for just £53.28
- Ordio: Tailored voice recordings that play when someone calls your clinic (free demo, including a voiceover artist and professional scripting
- Taylor & Francis: 30% off CRC Press or Routledge books
- 2degrees Business: Exclusive discounts on 2degrees Business plans