VETS on Carlton - Companion Animal Veterinarian - Wanganui
Organisation/clinic: VETS on Carlton
Position type: Companion Animal Veterinarian
VETS on Carlton are seeking a Companion Animal Veterinarian for a full-time position.
VETS on Carlton is a three-veterinarian urban practice in a modern, purpose-built, fully equipped clinic, set in beautiful Wanganui.
The VETS on Carlton workload is almost solely small animal but spiced with a few backyard and lifestyle patients to keep life interesting.
After-hours is shared equally on a 1 in 10 rota between the ten veterinarians from Wanganui Veterinary Services and VETS on Carlton, so, while this is primarily a small animal position, some proficiency with large animal emergency care is preferred.
Our ideal applicant would:
- Have excellent communication skills and empathy in order to build strong relationships with our clients and with your work colleagues.
- Have a passion for our profession and a "can do" problem-solving attitude.
- Be a team player who is organised and self-motivated, resilient, and willing to take themselves to new heights.
- Must be (or eligible to be be) registered with Veterinary Council of New Zealand.
In return we offer:
- A top remuneration package including vehicle, professional registration fees, CPD support, and assistance with relocation.
- A mentored and broad introduction to your veterinary career.
- A well-resourced modern clinic with a full in-house lab, ultrasound, CR radiography, endoscopy, and more.
- A top team of support staff all of whom are qualified veterinary nurses.
- A "family-like" workplace culture and loads of social and collegial support.
- Special interest areas are supported and encouraged.
The Wanganui region has plenty to offer, with a friendly, vibrant, and affordable community, access to the great outdoors, and within easy reach of many other centres in the North Island.