MSD Animal Health - Veterinary Technical Advisor (Livestock) - North Island
Organisation/clinic: MSD Animal Health
Location: North Island
Position type: Veterinary Technical Advisor – Livestock
- Join a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine
- Technical support, field based opportunity within New Zealand, North Island location
- Provide advice to farmers, resellers and veterinarians on the correct use of our Animal Health’s products and solutions
Due to a valued team member moving to another area of our constantly growing business, we are looking for a new member to join our technical veterinarian team. Our Veterinary team use their scientific background to provide technical expertise and education to our customers, sales and marketing teams. The Veterinary Technical Advisor – Livestock is a field-based role and has responsibility for a set of products in a defined geography in New Zealand and is responsible for providing technical information to veterinarians and end-users to support the New Zealand business.
What You Will Do
Responsibilities include, however not limited to:
- Ensure excellent and timely technical support and training is provided to the sales team, and work with local Territory Managers to identify market requirements and sales opportunities throughout the region
- Provide advice to farmers, resellers and veterinarians on the correct use of our Animal Health products
- Assist Regulatory by leading the investigation and resolution of adverse events and completing PV case management as per business policy.
- Assist with the design, planning, implementation of market support field studies and other research in collaboration with R&D, including the writing of study reports and articles for scientific publication.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science, essential
- Solid number of years’ experience in the livestock veterinary industry essential, preferably in New Zealand
- High level of comfort and knowledge of on-farm animal health management solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Role will require approximately 50-60% travel (ideally, you will be based in either the mid/lower North Island region or the Upper North Island)
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For further information please contact Amanda Hunt.