Animal Health Centre Veterinary Clinic - Companion Animal Veterinarian - Wellington
Organisation/clinic: Animal Health Centre Veterinary Clinic
Location: Lower Hutt, Wellington
Position type: Companion Animal Veterinarian
Our close-knit veterinary team at Animal Health Centre, Epuni, are looking for a fixed-term Small Animal Veterinarian to join our friendly clinic, just 15 minutes from Wellington covering 6 months parental leave from August 2023.
A bit about us:
Animal Health Centre, located in Lower Hutt, is a family friendly, companion animal veterinary clinic, offering a full range of medical and surgical services.
- We’re flexible to create a roster that suits your lifestyle,we are looking for around 16 hours per week of cover – ideally across 2-3 days per week but flexible.
- Our practice is well equipped with digital X-Ray, BP monitor, IDEXX lab, Pulse-ox, Respiratory monitor, IV pumps, Air-conditioned work areas, etc.
- You will be working alongside other experienced veterinary professionals in a friendly supportive team that can provide you with collegial support.
What’s on offer?
- Flexible working hours and roster - no weekends.
- Competitive pay rates commensurate with experience
- We support continuing education CPD- Annual CPD allowance, paid study leave and FREE access to our very own Veterinary training centre.
- 6 month fixed-term contract with possibility of extension.
Is it you we are looking for?
- Our clients are great to deal with and we have an excellent reputation for friendly personal service, we are looking for someone with compassion and a positive outlook who enjoys dealing with both people and animals.
- The position would be ideal for a veterinarian with good surgical and medical skills, looking for a flexible opportunity and excellent work-life balance. Ideally, you will bring at least 2+ years of experience in a companion animal role and be capable of sole charge work. We have highly experienced veterinarians available to support for any complex surgery if needed, but you would need to be confident in routine surgery.
- Applicants must hold valid working rights in New Zealand and Veterinary Council Registration.
Sounds great! How do I apply?