Please Log in to access your MyCPD record.
Welcome to MyCPD
As part of your NZVA membership, we've made keeping track of your continuing professional development (CPD) activity easy. With MyCPD, you can:
- create a CPD record based on your learning objectives
- record all CPD activities you do with the NZVA and external providers
- share your CPD plans with colleagues and mentors
- access, print or email your CPD record whenever you like (perfect for when VCNZ asks for your CPD record or when you're applying for jobs!)
Download the MyCPD user guide for instructions on creating and sharing your MyCPD records and plans.
VCNZ's CPD framework
In April 2011, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (VCNZ) made it mandatory for veterinarians to engage in CPD activity to meet new registration requirements. The current framework requires that you:
- develop a CPD plan
- complete and record the activities applicable to your plan
- review your CPD plan
How is the new reporting different?
With the previous reporting system, veterinarians recorded CPD activities based on a VCNZ category.
Under the new reporting system, veterinairans record CPD activities to meet an identified learning need.
Area of competence examples