Partnering for you
The NZVA has done the hard yards to give you access to a wide variety of exclusive benefits with our partners and external parties. Make the most of the great opportunities we have negotiated for you!
Exclusive member discounts
We have negotiated a range of member benefits with external parties, exclusive to you as part of your membership.
Peopl3: HR support
NZVA members get a free 15-minute phone consultation with our HR advice partner, Peopl3. Peopl3 provide pragmatic, peer-reviewed Human Resource and Health and Safety advice to small and medium businesses. They can provide you with advice on employment issues, contracts, employee performance, managing exits, safety and recruitment. They can also assist with employee change and restructuring, employment surveys, succession and talent management, policy and processes, and performance review frameworks.
Full members of the NZVA are eligible for PerksCard – a discount programme that gives you access to hundreds of exclusive discounts on your favourite brands.
Avis car rental discounts
NZVA members can use the NZVA discount code to get excellent corporate rates when booking rental cars with Avis. The discount code automatically compares the corporate rates and assigns the cheapest rate possible (discounts vary).
All NZVA members are eligible for MobilCard - a great way for you to purchase fuel at Mobil service stations. With your MobilCard, you can enjoy a discount of 11 cents per litre (incl. GST) throughout the year with special 16 cent a litre (incl. GST) discounts offered for 8 weeks a year.
Westpac banking benefits
NZVA members can individually access the personal benefits including
- Debit Mastercard with the annual fee waived for the first two years.
- Extra 0.1% pa interest on standard Westpac rates for any online savings account.
- Annual account fee waived for the first two years on a Low Rate Mastercard, Airports or hotpoints credit card.
- Competitive discounts off Westpac’s standard published home loan interest rates
- No establishment fee
- No re-documentation fee
- A cash contribution to your legal fees of up to $3,000
Practices that employ NZVA members can access the business benefits including
- A Business Transact Account - pay one flat $10 monthly account fee for an unlimited number of transactions.
- Competitive interest rates and no monthly account fees with the Business Online Saver.
- Accept debit and credit card payments with special merchant rates for members.
- Choose from the Westpac online banking platforms including Business Online or Westpac One® and pay no monthly fees or set up costs.
- The annual fee for the Debit Mastercard is waived for members.
- Earn reward points and have the annual account fees waived on a Airpoints Business Mastercard or hotpoints BusinessPLUS Mastercard (business) or Airpoints Platinum Mastercard or hotpoints Platinum Mastercard (personal)
- Westpac Business Overdraft with no Line of Credit charge for limits up to $5,000 and no establishment fee.
NZVA members receive a $200 discount on the set-up fee when developing a website with Storbie. Storbie provides easy to use personalised veterinary clinic websites to get your clinic online and set your business up for success. You get a professional ecommerce ready website highlighting your services and showcasing your products.
We have cultivated on-going relationships with organisations with strong ties to the veterinary profession who help us do what we do – deliver key services to members, facilitate continuing professional development programs, advocate for the profession, provide support to members, and contribute to making a real difference to the animals, humans and environment that the veterinary profession is committed to serving. These partnerships help keep NZVA membership fees at the reasonable rates that you see!